Home / GENERAL NEWS / Fire guts compound house, leaves 2 children unconscious

Fire guts compound house, leaves 2 children unconscious

 

The children according to reports have since been taken to the hospital for medical attention

Fire has gut a compound house in the Ashaiman-Lebanon community destroying properties and leaving two children in mild conditions.

According to reports, the incident occurred in the day when the tenant whose room got burnt was absent. “They (tenant) had gone to work. His children too had gone to school. So at 7:45 hours, neighbors to the tenant realized that smoke was coming out of the room.

“So they hurriedly broke down the doors to the room and took off the roofing sheets for the smoke to escape before calling on the fire service to intervene,” a reporter said.

The victim who was later contacted, indicated that he had not installed any electric cable in the room to have caused the fire, but has been using candles and coils in the rooms.

The two children who were choked with smoke to the point of unconsciousness, were reportedly sleeping next door, which the smoke had pervaded.

They have been taken to the hospital for medical attention.

Source: angelonline.com

About admin

Check Also

Kokoben Police brutalities – Residents deny lynching suspect; threaten to curse police

Residents of Abrafo Kokoben are angered by an earlier account of the police over the …

The mysterious tale behind how Akans came to head the 5 clans of the Ada Traditional Area

History is profound with many tales of how several clans or ethnic groups travelled around, …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *