Home / GENERAL NEWS / Fire outbreak at Mataheko: One-year-old baby burnt to death

Fire outbreak at Mataheko: One-year-old baby burnt to death

A fire outbreak that destroyed two wooden structures at Mataheko, close to the Mars Business School in Accra, has resulted in the burning to death of a one-year-old baby girl.

According to 3news.com reports, the girl was asleep when the fire started.

Here burnt remains have been handed over to the Police for preservation and autopsy.

Further reports say that all other inhabitants of the impacted structures escaped unhurt.

The fire was eventually put out by the Ghana National Fire Service from the Kwame Nkrumah Circle Fire Station and the Regional Headquarters Sub-Station.

According to the fire service, they had requested that the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) temporarily disconnect electricity from the area to facilitate their operations.

Source: www.ghanaweb.com

About Elvis Anokye

Check Also

Leadership of NDC calls on IGP to beef up Security at Upper West Akyem registration center

The Eastern Region branch of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) has appealed to the Inspector …

C/R: Dr Bawumia Commissioning Premix Automation Dispensary has Worsen Fuel Corruption- Fmr Nat’I Premix Committee Chairman

The immediate past National Premix Committee Chairman, Mr. John Quayson, popularly known in the fishing …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *